PRR "Virtual" Day May 15, 2021 Starting 1 PM EDT
For those of you not familiar with Virtual days, they are live video presentations on the internet. We conducted our first virtual day back on November 7th. In addition to May 15th, we hope to do more this year to help provide some alternatives to our members, since we can not have an in-person meeting and presentations.
Depending on copyright restrictions some but not all of the presentations may become available later on the upcoming PRRT&HS YouTube channel. (Some recordings can not be posted due to the copyright of pictures used in the presentations.)
The PRR T&HS is planning a virtual PRR Day on May 15, 2021 starting at 1 PM EDT, through Zoom. Six members have volunteered to give presentations - four in the afternoon, and two in the evening.
Thanks to Auburn University, we will be able to host presentations on the history of the PRR and modeling the PRR by experienced speakers.
There is no registration fee, but you will need to register in advance, since participation will be limited to 300. Registration is open now; go to https://auburn.zoom.us/meeting/register
In order to have a virtual meeting of a very large group, we ask everyone to abide by the following ground rules:
1. Please remain in ‘mute’ mode throughout. The microphones on devices are adept at picking up background noise which will hinder the presentation’s audibility. The mute button is typically in the lower left of the screen.
2. No oral interruptions during the 40-minute presentations.
3. A 10-minite question-answer time is reserved after each presentation.
4. Type your questions to the chat window, which is enabled by a button at the bottom of the screen. For each presentation, a host will monitor the chat window and present questions to the speaker in the order received.
5. Please do not share the zoom information with anyone after registering.
The schedule of presentations is below:
| John Frantz
|| The Pennsy through the Eyes of Davey Carter
|| 1:00 PM
| Bruce Smith
|| PRR X31 Box Cars
|| 2:00 PM
| Andy Rubbo
|| Modeling Pennsy’s Northeast Corridor
|| 3:00 PM
| Ken Kobus
|| 4:00 PM
| Matthew Hurst
|| Modeling PRR H31 Hoppers
|| 7:00 PM
| Doug Nelson
|| Sunnyside Yard - Home of the PRR Passenger Fleet
|| 8:00 PM
If you are new to zoom, we will schedule a chance for you to test your access a few days before. The Zoom site for that will be sent to all meeting registrants.